Those who are enthusiastic about Eco living are doing what they can to reduce the energy costs of their homes. They are realizing that saving energy has a two way benefit. Not only are they able to contribute to saving energy for the world at large, they can get immediate benefits from the reduction in their energy bills. Those who are renovating their homes with the aim of making their homes more Eco friendly will have the following benefits by their side:
- They will be able to save on utility bills
- Increase the resale value of their homes as new home owners will lay emphasis on energy saving initiatives and constructions
- Those who upgrade their homes with energy efficient resources will enjoy more comforts and at lesser prices
Weatherstripping Old Doors
While new doors in new homes come with felts around the edges and other entrapments to prevent the cold draft from coming in, in older homes the same effect can be achieved when weatherstripping is done. Even if weatherstripping of the doors will cost considerably initially, one can even opt for inexpensive ways of making such devices like placing padded rolls of cloths and even designing them as attractive creatures and placing them near the edges of the doors where the gap lets in the cold air.
Becoming Eligible For The Eco Living Rebate Programs
There are many places where governments are offering rebates and attractive schemes for homeowners where they can get themselves or their homes audited, and as per the energy saving measures adopted, one can expect to win rebates and cash awards. Thus, many homeowners install energy saving plumbing and heating systems and even doors and windows that will ensure that energy is saved and that they can contribute significantly to a fall of energy costs.
Installing Plumbing Or Heating Systems As Per Environmental Standards
When one is installing a new heating system or upgrading their old one, installation of filters which have energy saving certification or even new systems with energy saving certification will help homeowners to save energy costs on the long run. Countries like Canada and the US are introducing different schemes to encourage homeowners to invest in such systems and to get awarded through rebates when they have their home systems configured in a way that energizes utilization is minimized.
Investing In Energy Efficient Windows
Nowadays there are windows that come with energy ratings.
- These windows not only have special energy saving glass panels, they even have a sliding mechanism that will ensure that no gaps are left when they are closed.
- Thus, they help to preserve the internal temperature to the maximum. Older homes which were used to getting patches of cold or even ice on the walls will definitely benefit from investing in such windows.
- Investing in such home fittings helps home owners hedge against inflation as energy costs are bound to rise and thus, utility bills and savings are also expected to be affected in the same way.